Friday, September 28, 2007

Malgudi days


I recently started reading Malgudi days. I always become nostalgic when I read such books as it takes me back to my school days when the serial used to be broadcast on DD. It was a amazing series and by far one the most popular ones in India. The present young generations which are being fed with item songs, reality shows and daily soaps are at a big loss at having missed such a master piece. There is none of the intelligent humor, simplicity and beautiful story telling to be found in the serials that are played on TV these days. Who can forget Swami and his friends? In there stories many can find their own lost childhood and everyone can relate to it. So many TV channels now a days but not a single series worth watching. Schade!
I hope DD brings out CD's and DVD's of that series as it will definitely help in improving our young generation.
A few other serials i can remember in the same league are Byomkesh Bakshi, Tehekikaat, Ramayana, Mahabharat, Dekh Bhai Dekh.

No comments: